Egypt officials negotiating to free two tourists
El-Arish: Egyptian intelligence officials say they are negotiating with Bedouin gunmen to free two tourists kidnapped along a main road in Egypt`s southern Sinai Peninsula.
The intelligence officials said today that a Bedouin kidnapper abducted an Israeli man and Norwegian woman to pressure police to release a cousin who is being held for his suspected involvement in the killing of policemen in the Suez Canal city of Ismailiya.
It has been a common motive in past abductions. Tourists typically are not held long and are released unharmed. The officials say the tourists, who were abducted yesterday, are being held in a desolate mountainous area called Gabal-Maghara in Sinai.
All officials spoke anonymously due to the sensitivity of the subject.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray