Egypt stares at Google after YouTube ban
Cairo: Egypt`s telecommunication authority on Wednesday said that all Google services must be shut down to fully suspend YouTube in the country over an anti-Muslim film.
Head of Egypt`s National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority Abdal-Rahamn al-Sawi said that in order to shut dwon YouTube in Egypt, as per a court verdict, all Google services must be shut down along as Google provides its services over several servers.
The Egyptian administrative court had ordered that video-sharing website YouTube be blocked for a month for hosting the anti-Islam film that triggered deadly outrage across the Muslim world last year.
The court obligated that Egyptian authorities take measures to block access to the site for a month, after a complaint by an Egyptian who accused YouTube of being a "threat to social peace" by putting the US-made film on line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere