Egypt to select constitution panel on March 3
Cairo: Egypt`s ruling military council has
called on parliament to meet March 3 to select a 100-member
panel to draft a new constitution.
A statement today by the Supreme Council of the Armed
Forces said the panel will be formed at a meeting of the two
houses of parliament.
According to a plan forwarded by the military in November,
a new constitution should be drafted before presidential
elections are held by the end of June.
The voting in the first elections since the 2011 overthrow
of Hosni Mubarak returned a parliament heavily dominated by
Egypt`s largely secular and urban protest movement fears
that they will exclude other voices from the drafting of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi