Egypt`s prosecutor-general resigns
Cairo: Egypt`s Prosecutor-General Abdel-Maguid Mahmoud, who was recently reinstated, has resigned and demanded he should return as a judge on Tuesday.
Mahmoud, who was dismissed by a controversial constitutional declaration by deposed president Mohamed Morsi Nov 21, 2012, returned to his post under a ruling July 2 by the Court of Cassation.
However, he asked during the weekend to return to the judiciary as a judge, citing "uneasiness" he felt about the prosecution`s future decisions towards those who sacked him, Xinhua cited the report as saying.
It said Mahmoud was probably referring to some people linked with the Muslim Brotherhood, with which Morsi is affiliated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah