Egypt`s prosecutor-general resigns
Cairo: Egypt`s Prosecutor-General Abdel-Maguid Mahmoud, who was recently reinstated, has resigned and demanded he should return as a judge on Tuesday.
Mahmoud, who was dismissed by a controversial constitutional declaration by deposed president Mohamed Morsi Nov 21, 2012, returned to his post under a ruling July 2 by the Court of Cassation.
However, he asked during the weekend to return to the judiciary as a judge, citing "uneasiness" he felt about the prosecution`s future decisions towards those who sacked him, Xinhua cited the report as saying.
It said Mahmoud was probably referring to some people linked with the Muslim Brotherhood, with which Morsi is affiliated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?