Ethiopia delays appeal of jailed blogger, opposition figure
Addis Ababa: An Ethiopian court on Monday delayed again the appeal of blogger Eskinder Nega and opposition leader Andualem Arage, who were jailed last year for terror-related offences.
Eskinder and Andualem were among 24 people jailed in July 2012 on terror-related charges.
"The judges have requested further time to assess all the evidence and statements to make their decision," said Andualem`s lawyer Debribew Temesgen.
Both men, who were present in court, are accused of having links to the outlawed opposition group Ginbot 7.
The ruling has been repeatedly delayed, with the next hearing due on May 02.
Eskinder was jailed for 18 years, while Andualem was sentenced to life.
Rights groups have called Ethiopia`s anti-terrorism legislation vague and accuse the government of using the law to stifle peaceful dissent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray