EU foreign ministers seek solution on Syria arms
Brussels: The European Union foreign affairs ministers will debate whether to ease sanctions against Syria to allow for weapons shipments to rebels fighting the regime of Syria`s President Bashar Assad.
Britain is the most outspoken proponent of nixing the arms embargo but faces opposition from some members that feel more we
Assad has been using extensive firepower against lightly armed rebel factions.
More than 70,000 people have died since the uprising against Assad`s regime erupted in March 2011.
Meanwhile, both sides have agreed in principle to enter direct talks in Geneva next month.
apons would only increase the killings and strangle hope for a negotiated settlement, Dutch Minister Frans Timmermans said.
The date, agenda and list of participants for the conference remain unclear, and wide gaps persist about its objectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you