EU foreign ministers seek solution on Syria arms
Brussels: The European Union foreign affairs ministers will debate whether to ease sanctions against Syria to allow for weapons shipments to rebels fighting the regime of Syria`s President Bashar Assad.
Britain is the most outspoken proponent of nixing the arms embargo but faces opposition from some members that feel more we
Assad has been using extensive firepower against lightly armed rebel factions.
More than 70,000 people have died since the uprising against Assad`s regime erupted in March 2011.
Meanwhile, both sides have agreed in principle to enter direct talks in Geneva next month.
apons would only increase the killings and strangle hope for a negotiated settlement, Dutch Minister Frans Timmermans said.
The date, agenda and list of participants for the conference remain unclear, and wide gaps persist about its objectives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more