FBI probes US plane bomber`s contacts in Ghana: Minister
Accra: FBI agents in Ghana are trying to piece together the movements of the would-be Nigerian plane bomber and identify those he met during a two-week stay that ended the day before he flew to Detroit, a minister said on Wednesday.
"The FBI is still in the country to thoroughly investigate whom the culprit might have been in contact with while in Ghana," Deputy Information Minister James Agyenim-Boateng said.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation agents are working closely with Ghana`s Bureau of National Investigations to build a picture of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab`s movements during a trip that began on December 9.
The minister refused to give details of the investigation, which he said was going smoothly.
"It will take a little bit of time before the investigations would be concluded," he said.
The 23-year-old suspect flew out of Ghana on December 24, transiting at Lagos for a flight to Amsterdam and on to Detroit, where on December 25 he was overpowered by fellow passengers as he tried to set off a bomb hidden in his underwear as the Northwest Airlines plane came in to land.
Abdulmutallab had flown into Ghana from Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know