FBI searches Denver home of man linked to NY raids: Report
Washington: FBI agents raided a home outside Denver, Colorado where they said a suspect was at the centre of an alleged al Qaeda plot to launch attacks in New York, ABC television reported on Wednesday.
About a dozen agents arrived at the home of Najibullah Zazi, 24, and one confirmed to ABC a search warrant was being executed.
"Zazi`s travels to New York last weekend triggered a round of highly publicised raids in the New York area," the ABC report said, adding that "authorities told members of Congress the raids had helped to disrupt a plot to carry out a major attack on New York."
Authorities said they found 14 new black backpacks in the New York raids, fuelling concerns the men may have been planning to use the backpacks to carry suicide bombs.
The ABC report cited unnamed authorities as saying "Zazi brought with him instructions on how to build a bomb using household chemicals."
Zazi told the network, "I have nothing to do with al Qaeda ... Any link or anything with al Qaeda."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family