FBI searches Denver home of man linked to NY raids: Report
Washington: FBI agents raided a home outside Denver, Colorado where they said a suspect was at the centre of an alleged al Qaeda plot to launch attacks in New York, ABC television reported on Wednesday.
About a dozen agents arrived at the home of Najibullah Zazi, 24, and one confirmed to ABC a search warrant was being executed.
"Zazi`s travels to New York last weekend triggered a round of highly publicised raids in the New York area," the ABC report said, adding that "authorities told members of Congress the raids had helped to disrupt a plot to carry out a major attack on New York."
Authorities said they found 14 new black backpacks in the New York raids, fuelling concerns the men may have been planning to use the backpacks to carry suicide bombs.
The ABC report cited unnamed authorities as saying "Zazi brought with him instructions on how to build a bomb using household chemicals."
Zazi told the network, "I have nothing to do with al Qaeda ... Any link or anything with al Qaeda."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times