FBI searches Denver home of man linked to NY raids: Report
Washington: FBI agents raided a home outside Denver, Colorado where they said a suspect was at the centre of an alleged al Qaeda plot to launch attacks in New York, ABC television reported on Wednesday.
About a dozen agents arrived at the home of Najibullah Zazi, 24, and one confirmed to ABC a search warrant was being executed.
"Zazi`s travels to New York last weekend triggered a round of highly publicised raids in the New York area," the ABC report said, adding that "authorities told members of Congress the raids had helped to disrupt a plot to carry out a major attack on New York."
Authorities said they found 14 new black backpacks in the New York raids, fuelling concerns the men may have been planning to use the backpacks to carry suicide bombs.
The ABC report cited unnamed authorities as saying "Zazi brought with him instructions on how to build a bomb using household chemicals."
Zazi told the network, "I have nothing to do with al Qaeda ... Any link or anything with al Qaeda."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list