FBI searches Denver home of man linked to NY raids: Report
Washington: FBI agents raided a home outside Denver, Colorado where they said a suspect was at the centre of an alleged al Qaeda plot to launch attacks in New York, ABC television reported on Wednesday.
About a dozen agents arrived at the home of Najibullah Zazi, 24, and one confirmed to ABC a search warrant was being executed.
"Zazi`s travels to New York last weekend triggered a round of highly publicised raids in the New York area," the ABC report said, adding that "authorities told members of Congress the raids had helped to disrupt a plot to carry out a major attack on New York."
Authorities said they found 14 new black backpacks in the New York raids, fuelling concerns the men may have been planning to use the backpacks to carry suicide bombs.
The ABC report cited unnamed authorities as saying "Zazi brought with him instructions on how to build a bomb using household chemicals."
Zazi told the network, "I have nothing to do with al Qaeda ... Any link or anything with al Qaeda."
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17