Female suicide bomber identified in Russia
Makhachkala (Russia): Russian police say they have identified the female suicide bomber who killed an influential Muslim leader in the volatile province of Dagestan.
Said Afandi was a leader of a Sufi Muslim brotherhood whose followers include thousands of officials, clerics and businessmen. The 85-year-old Afandi was killed yesterday along with six other people in the village of Chirkei by a bomber disguised as a pilgrim who visited his house.
The mystical Muslim orders of Sufis, popular in Dagestan and neighboring provinces of Russia`s multiethnic Caucasus region, are opposed to radical and militant Islamist groups that mushroomed there after the Soviet collapse.
Police in Dagestan said today that the bomber was Aminat Kurbanova, a 30-year-old resident of Dagestan`s capital, Makhachkala.
The Interfax news agency claimed she was married to an Islamist militant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi