Filipino sailor killed in Sri Lanka; six arrested
Colombo: Sri Lanka police say a Filipino sailor was hacked to death in a ship anchored at the Colombo port with six fellow sailors having been arrested over the killing.
Police spokesman Buddika Siriwardana says 37-year-old Prebin Magalons Boniu was killed inside a Taiwanese ship early in the morning on Monday following a dispute among the sailors.
The six Filipino sailors suspected of the killing fled from the ship but surrendered to police today through the Philippine Embassy. Siriwardana says investigations are continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers