Fires strike 2 more east Texas churches
Dallas: A sheriff`s dispatcher says fires have struck two more rural east Texas churches, just hours after investigators announced that a blaze last week marked the eighth arson against a house of worship in the state this year.
A Smith County sheriff`s dispatcher says fire struck a Baptist church near Tyler Monday night. Another hit a church about 3 miles away.
The fires come the same day the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced a blaze that happened last week was the seventh east Texas church fire of 2010 to be deliberately set. Bureau agents in Houston say arson also caused a fire that destroyed the sanctuary of a central Texas church last month.
There have been no reported injuries or arrests. Federal officials aren`t saying if there`s a connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army