Flotilla raid was `cause for war`: Turkey
Ankara: Turkey`s Prime Minister has said Israel`s raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla last year was "cause for war" but that his country showed "patience" and refrained from taking any action.
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told Al-Jazeera television in a recent interview that the Israeli attack that killed nine activists occurred in international waters and was therefore "unlawful”. His comments were carried by Turkey`s state-run Anatolia news agency late Sunday.
Erdogan said, "It is a cause for war, but we decided to act in line with Turkey`s grandeur and showed patience."
Israel insists its naval commandos acted in self-defence after being attacked by some of the activists.
A UN report into the raid said Israel`s naval blockade was legitimate but that it used "excessive and unreasonable" force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news