France’s unwed First Lady joins G-8 First Ladies’ at WH
London: The girlfriend of France’s new President, Francois Hollande, made her first official appearance at the G-8 First Ladies’ club as she toured the White House in a pair of towering heels.
Valerie Trierweiler sported a pair of stunning black heels and a stylish handbag as she joined Michelle Obama and some of the most powerful women in the world for a tour of the White House.
She still wasn’t as tall as Michelle though, who towered above all of her guests, despite the fact that she wore a sensible pair of flat shoes for the occasion.
Trierweiler has attracted considerable attention across the world because she is the first partner of a French President who is not married.
The ladies were also treated to a meal made from produce grown in the White House vegetable garden as a Group of Eight summit got underway.
The sumptuous menu included gazpacho, Maryland rockfish with asparagus, grapefruit, Virginia berries, greens from the White House garden and caramelized olive oil; and tangerine sorbet with Virginia strawberries.
The first lady and the spouses of six of the Group of Eight leaders were led on a tour of the White House, including the East Room and State Dining Room, by curator Bill Allman.
Michelle will host events for the spouses of NATO leaders, including an event at a youth centre and a dinner at the Art Institute of Chicago when she travels with the President to Chicago on Saturday night for the NATO summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal