`Francois Hollande’s women at war for 10 yrs`
London: The love triangle between Francois Hollande, his current partner and his ex, which is at the pinnacle of the French state, is a tangled saga of conflict between passion and duty, and ambition and self-destruction, a book published on Wednesday has claimed.
The two journalists, who wrote the “novel” based on the relationships between the French President and his partners, claim that it is a “psychodrama” which exploded into a state scandal.
In their book, Anna Cabana and Anne Rosencher offer some new insights into the origins of the Twitter spat which distracted from Hollande’s presidential campaign and continues to haunt his time in office.
It began with a message sent by Valerie Trierweiler in June which implicitly attacked Segolene Royal, Hollande’s former partner.
According to them, Ms Trierweiler has an “irrational hatred” of Royal which goes back 10 years, much longer than previously reported.
They say it began with a meeting in the French parliament in 2002 in which Royal, then a minister, summoned Trierweiler, then a political journalist, to tell her to “stay away from François or you will be sorry”.
This happened three years before the “official” start of the affair between Hollande and Trierweiler.
The new book ‘Entre Deux Feux’ tries at times to be a political-romantic novel.
“The man who was a master in the art of evasion (Hollande) … found himself spread-eagled between two imperatives, two arguments, two duties. Between two women. Between two fires,” the Independent quoted it as saying.
The book also convincingly attempts to explain the conundrum at the heart of the love triangle.
It says Trierweiler fears Royal as she is not just any “ex” but a powerful public figure in her own right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack