`Francois Hollande’s women at war for 10 yrs`
London: The love triangle between Francois Hollande, his current partner and his ex, which is at the pinnacle of the French state, is a tangled saga of conflict between passion and duty, and ambition and self-destruction, a book published on Wednesday has claimed.
The two journalists, who wrote the “novel” based on the relationships between the French President and his partners, claim that it is a “psychodrama” which exploded into a state scandal.
In their book, Anna Cabana and Anne Rosencher offer some new insights into the origins of the Twitter spat which distracted from Hollande’s presidential campaign and continues to haunt his time in office.
It began with a message sent by Valerie Trierweiler in June which implicitly attacked Segolene Royal, Hollande’s former partner.
According to them, Ms Trierweiler has an “irrational hatred” of Royal which goes back 10 years, much longer than previously reported.
They say it began with a meeting in the French parliament in 2002 in which Royal, then a minister, summoned Trierweiler, then a political journalist, to tell her to “stay away from François or you will be sorry”.
This happened three years before the “official” start of the affair between Hollande and Trierweiler.
The new book ‘Entre Deux Feux’ tries at times to be a political-romantic novel.
“The man who was a master in the art of evasion (Hollande) … found himself spread-eagled between two imperatives, two arguments, two duties. Between two women. Between two fires,” the Independent quoted it as saying.
The book also convincingly attempts to explain the conundrum at the heart of the love triangle.
It says Trierweiler fears Royal as she is not just any “ex” but a powerful public figure in her own right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes