Freighter, fishing boat clash in S Korea; 8 missing
Seoul: South Korean authorities say eight fishermen are missing after a freighter and a fishing boat collided off the west coast.
Coast guard official Go Jong-kug says that the crash took place early Saturday morning off the coast of Taean and that a search is under way for the eight missing fishermen. The vessel`s other crew member was rescued by another fishing boat nearby.
Go says the missing crew members include five Chinese sailors. He says the crew was asleep when the freighter slammed into their boat.
No one on the freighter was injured and the vessel did not suffer any damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH