`Gaddafi`s son Khamis dies of injuries in clashes`
Tripoli: Khamis, son of slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, has died following clashes with government forces, Xinhua reported.
The Libyan national congress` spokesperson Omar Hamidan, said in a televised speech that Khamis died Saturday of injuries he sustained during exchange of fire with government forces in Bani Walid town, about 170 km from capital city of Tripoli.
Bani Walid, a former Gaddafi stronghold, has witnessed days of clashes after being sieged by factions which demanded the handover of a number of people accused of kidnapping and torturing Omran Shaban, who reportedly captured Gaddafi during last year`s conflict.
Meanwhile, Libyan prime minister`s office said in a statement Saturday that spokesperson of the former Gaddafi government, Moussa Ibrahim, has been captured in Tarhouna town, 70 km from Tripoli, by forces belonging to the present government.
Saturday marked one year since Gaddafi`s capture and death near his hometown Sirte.
Gaddafi`s regime was overthrown last year by opposition forces with NATO assistance after a seven-month civil war. Having ruled the country for 42 years, Gaddafi was captured and killed by rebels Oct 20, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP