Gunman kills three people, wounds four in Arkansas shootings
Arkansas: Three people, including a 13-year-old girl, were shot dead and four were injured in Arkansas on Saturday before the suspected gunman was found dead in his vehicle, police said.
Police in Jonesboro, in Craighead County about 130 miles (210 km) northeast of Little Rock, said they received a call early Saturday afternoon reporting a shooting at a residence.
Officers responding to the scene found six people with gunshot wounds, including an adult male and a 13-year-old girl who both died.
Two boys, aged 10 and eight, were listed in critical condition at a Memphis, Tennessee hospital, and two other adults, one man and one woman, were also shot, Jonesboro Sgt. Doug Formon told a news conference.
Formon said another man was later found shot and killed at a nearby place of business where he worked. No identities of the victims were provided.
The presumed gunman was found in the driver`s seat of a vehicle on a highway, dead of a gunshot wound, and the investigation was continuing, Formon said.
Witnesses reported seeing the vehicle leaving the scene of one of the shootings.
Formon said police were still trying to determine the motive of the shootings and were investigating "to see if there were any more suspects involved," but that the man found dead in his car was thought to be the only suspect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation