Gunmen raid homes, kill 6 people in northern Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say gunmen have raided two family homes in a northern Iraqi city, killing six people.
Provincial police officials say the raids took place on Saturday in the city of Mosul.
In the first attack, four people were killed, including a husband and wife. In the second house, gunmen killed two men.
Local authorities say they are investigating the two attacks. Mosul was once an al Qaeda stronghold. It is about 360 kilometres north of Baghdad.
The attacks came two days after a relentless assault across the country killed at least 93 people and wounded many more in what was the second deadliest day in Iraq since US troops left in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued