Gunmen raid homes, kill 6 people in northern Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say gunmen have raided two family homes in a northern Iraqi city, killing six people.
Provincial police officials say the raids took place on Saturday in the city of Mosul.
In the first attack, four people were killed, including a husband and wife. In the second house, gunmen killed two men.
Local authorities say they are investigating the two attacks. Mosul was once an al Qaeda stronghold. It is about 360 kilometres north of Baghdad.
The attacks came two days after a relentless assault across the country killed at least 93 people and wounded many more in what was the second deadliest day in Iraq since US troops left in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?