Hackers break into Brazil foreign ministry email system
Brasilia: Hackers penetrated Brazil`s foreign ministry internal email system but failed to get access to confidential government documents and cables, a ministry spokesman said on Tuesday.
No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack on Monday, which came amid protests by groups opposed to Brazil hosting the World Cup in June and July.
Police and government security teams were investigating the extent of the attack. The ministry shut down its email communications for a day.
The spokesman said sensitive information sent through the email system was encrypted, but employees at the ministry and Brazilian embassies abroad were told to change their passwords.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda