Haiti`s `Baby Doc` admonished for leaving capital
Port-au-Prince: A judge in Haiti has admonished former dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier for violating the terms of his conditional release by leaving the capital at least twice in recent weeks.
Judge Carves Jean said after Friday`s closed hearing that he told the former dictator known as "Baby Doc" that he could be arrested if he leaves without authorisation again.
Duvalier said nothing as he left the court and waved to a small group of supporters. Duvalier told Jean he didn`t ask permission because he didn`t have time.
Duvalier is under a judicial investigation for crimes including corruption and human rights violation during his brutal, 15-year rule. Carves said he will conclude his investigation before the end of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video