Haiti`s `Baby Doc` admonished for leaving capital
Port-au-Prince: A judge in Haiti has admonished former dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier for violating the terms of his conditional release by leaving the capital at least twice in recent weeks.
Judge Carves Jean said after Friday`s closed hearing that he told the former dictator known as "Baby Doc" that he could be arrested if he leaves without authorisation again.
Duvalier said nothing as he left the court and waved to a small group of supporters. Duvalier told Jean he didn`t ask permission because he didn`t have time.
Duvalier is under a judicial investigation for crimes including corruption and human rights violation during his brutal, 15-year rule. Carves said he will conclude his investigation before the end of this month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata