Hamas executes two Israel `collaborators` in Gaza
Gaza City: Hamas hanged two men accused of collaborating with Israel on Saturday, a statement from the interior ministry of the Islamist movement`s government in Gaza said.
The ministry said that it had executed the two men in accordance "with what Palestinian law stipulates", identifying the two men as "the collaborator with the occupation AG, 49, and the collaborator HK, 43."
A military court in Gaza had sentenced the two to "death by hanging after the tribunal accused them of charges ranging from collaborating with a hostile foreign entity," to involvement in "killing and espionage for 10 years."
A number of representatives from civil organisations attended the execution, the statement said.
The Hamas government executed three men in April 2012 after they were accused of "collaborating" with Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list