Hamas executes two Israel `collaborators` in Gaza
Gaza City: Hamas hanged two men accused of collaborating with Israel on Saturday, a statement from the interior ministry of the Islamist movement`s government in Gaza said.
The ministry said that it had executed the two men in accordance "with what Palestinian law stipulates", identifying the two men as "the collaborator with the occupation AG, 49, and the collaborator HK, 43."
A military court in Gaza had sentenced the two to "death by hanging after the tribunal accused them of charges ranging from collaborating with a hostile foreign entity," to involvement in "killing and espionage for 10 years."
A number of representatives from civil organisations attended the execution, the statement said.
The Hamas government executed three men in April 2012 after they were accused of "collaborating" with Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29