Hamas executes two Israel `collaborators` in Gaza
Gaza City: Hamas hanged two men accused of collaborating with Israel on Saturday, a statement from the interior ministry of the Islamist movement`s government in Gaza said.
The ministry said that it had executed the two men in accordance "with what Palestinian law stipulates", identifying the two men as "the collaborator with the occupation AG, 49, and the collaborator HK, 43."
A military court in Gaza had sentenced the two to "death by hanging after the tribunal accused them of charges ranging from collaborating with a hostile foreign entity," to involvement in "killing and espionage for 10 years."
A number of representatives from civil organisations attended the execution, the statement said.
The Hamas government executed three men in April 2012 after they were accused of "collaborating" with Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead