Here’s Bush’s ‘severed head impaled on spike’!
Washington: Former US president George W Bush has been featured in a bizarre cameo in the first season of the hit HBO fantasy series, Games of Thrones, as a severed head impaled on a spike at King’s Landing.
“We just had to use whatever head we had around. The last head on the left is George Bush,” the New York Daily News quoted one of the show runners, as saying, in the DVD commentary.
“George Bush’s head appears in a couple of beheading scenes. It’s not a choice; it’s not a political statement. We just had to use whatever head we had around,” he added.
Though the episode aired in 2011, the rubber head faces away from the camera and is in the frame for just a second, and largely went unnoticed until a reddit poster flagged on Wednesday.
The 43rd president severed rubber head was placed just a few away from that of Ned Stark, the fan favourite played by Sean Bean and the hero that was beheaded at the end of the previous episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?