Here’s Bush’s ‘severed head impaled on spike’!
Washington: Former US president George W Bush has been featured in a bizarre cameo in the first season of the hit HBO fantasy series, Games of Thrones, as a severed head impaled on a spike at King’s Landing.
“We just had to use whatever head we had around. The last head on the left is George Bush,” the New York Daily News quoted one of the show runners, as saying, in the DVD commentary.
“George Bush’s head appears in a couple of beheading scenes. It’s not a choice; it’s not a political statement. We just had to use whatever head we had around,” he added.
Though the episode aired in 2011, the rubber head faces away from the camera and is in the frame for just a second, and largely went unnoticed until a reddit poster flagged on Wednesday.
The 43rd president severed rubber head was placed just a few away from that of Ned Stark, the fan favourite played by Sean Bean and the hero that was beheaded at the end of the previous episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan