Highway pileup in China kills 17
Beijing: China`s state news agency says a pre-dawn pileup on a southern Chinese expressway has killed 17 people and injured four.
Xinhua News Agency said the accident on Saturday in Jiangxi province involved three trucks and a passenger van.
It said the pileup was triggered when a truck rear-ended another vehicle, then flipped into a lane of oncoming traffic.
Twelve people were declared dead at the scene and five others died in a hospital.
Serious traffic accidents are common in China due to lax driving habits, overloaded vehicles and bad road conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Alia Bhatt new BFFs in B-Town? Here's why
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha