Highway pileup in China kills 17
Beijing: China`s state news agency says a pre-dawn pileup on a southern Chinese expressway has killed 17 people and injured four.
Xinhua News Agency said the accident on Saturday in Jiangxi province involved three trucks and a passenger van.
It said the pileup was triggered when a truck rear-ended another vehicle, then flipped into a lane of oncoming traffic.
Twelve people were declared dead at the scene and five others died in a hospital.
Serious traffic accidents are common in China due to lax driving habits, overloaded vehicles and bad road conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?