Highway pileup in China kills 17
Beijing: China`s state news agency says a pre-dawn pileup on a southern Chinese expressway has killed 17 people and injured four.
Xinhua News Agency said the accident on Saturday in Jiangxi province involved three trucks and a passenger van.
It said the pileup was triggered when a truck rear-ended another vehicle, then flipped into a lane of oncoming traffic.
Twelve people were declared dead at the scene and five others died in a hospital.
Serious traffic accidents are common in China due to lax driving habits, overloaded vehicles and bad road conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued