Highway pileup in China kills 17
Beijing: China`s state news agency says a pre-dawn pileup on a southern Chinese expressway has killed 17 people and injured four.
Xinhua News Agency said the accident on Saturday in Jiangxi province involved three trucks and a passenger van.
It said the pileup was triggered when a truck rear-ended another vehicle, then flipped into a lane of oncoming traffic.
Twelve people were declared dead at the scene and five others died in a hospital.
Serious traffic accidents are common in China due to lax driving habits, overloaded vehicles and bad road conditions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!