Hillary Clinton could run for President in 2016, hints husband
Washington: Hillary Clinton, the former Secretary of State, could run for the 2016 presidential elections, her husband Bill Clinton has hinted.
Bill Clinton, one of the most popular American presidents in recent past, added fuel to the speculation when at an event on Saturday night he said that the country would have some good choices in the 2016 presidential elections.
This drew wide applause from the audience in St Louis, who presumed that he was referring to Hillary.
"I think America will have some very good choices for president," he said in response to a question at the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI), which was first reported by the CNN.
Clinton said he favored a two-term limit for a president, but said he wouldn`t oppose allowing future presidents to run for a third term not immediately after their second.
"I`m quite sure there are going to be lots of talented people who are dying to become president of the United States," Clinton said.
Hillary, who made two public appearances this week after relinquishing the post of Secretary of State in February, is widely being speculated to run for 2016 presidential polls.
Though she has neither denied nor responded positively to such rumors, her supporters have already formed a super PAC in anticipation of her presidential campaign.
Republican Senator Lindsay Graham said Hillary could be a formidable candidate but much depends on the success of the Obama Administration.
"I think after eight years of Barack Obama, if things don`t change the next Democrat running for president will in trouble. She will be a formidable candidate," he told the NBC news channel.
"I think her time as Secretary of State is mixed. Benghazi is yet to be told completely. But anybody who underestimates her on the Republican side would do so at a peril. But, yes, she can be beat. Anybody can be beat in this country," Graham said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal