Hillary Clinton discharged from New York hospital
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was discharged from a New York hospital, three days after treatment for a potentially dangerous blood clot in her head, the State Department said.
"Her medical team advised her that she is making good progress on all fronts, and they are confident she will make a full recovery," Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Philippe Reines, who is also her spokesman, said in a statement.
In Twitter messages, Chelsea Clinton said her "mother was headed home. Her medical team confident she`ll make a full recovery."
Hillary, 65, has not been seen in public since December 07, after a blood clot was discovered in a vein between her skull and the brain.
She was admitted to a New York hospital on Sunday after she fainted and fell down while recovering from a stomach infection.
"She`s eager to get back to the office and we will keep you updated on her schedule as it becomes clearer in the coming days," the statement said.
"Both she and her family would like to express their appreciation for the excellent care she received from the doctors, nurses and staff at New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University Medical Centre," Reines said.
Hillary was earlier spotted briefly outside New York`s Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia University Medical Centre accompanied by her husband former president Bill Clinton and daughter, but returned back quickly.
The doctors at the hospital said Hillary has suffered no neurological damage or stroke and was being treated with blood thinners.
The American Secretary of State has been out of her office for most of the December, being absent when Obama nominated Senator John Kerry as her successor and her illness also forced her to cancel scheduled testimony before the Congress over the attack on US diplomatic mission in Benghazi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India