ICC prosecutor in Libya to discuss Saif al-Islam
Amsterdam: The International Criminal Court prosecutor said on Tuesday he will meet the Libyan authorities to discuss plans to put Saif al-Islam, the son of Muammar Gaddafi, and former spy chief Abdullah al-Senussi on trial for crimes against humanity.
Chief prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo and deputy prosecutor Fatou Bensouda arrived in Tripoli on Tuesday following the arrest of both men. The ICC issued arrest warrants for both men in June.
"The issue of where the trials will be held has to be resolved through consultations with the Court. In the end, the ICC judges will decide, there are legal standards which will have to be adhered to," said the prosecutor in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read