ICC prosecutor in Libya to discuss Saif al-Islam
Amsterdam: The International Criminal Court prosecutor said on Tuesday he will meet the Libyan authorities to discuss plans to put Saif al-Islam, the son of Muammar Gaddafi, and former spy chief Abdullah al-Senussi on trial for crimes against humanity.
Chief prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo and deputy prosecutor Fatou Bensouda arrived in Tripoli on Tuesday following the arrest of both men. The ICC issued arrest warrants for both men in June.
"The issue of where the trials will be held has to be resolved through consultations with the Court. In the end, the ICC judges will decide, there are legal standards which will have to be adhered to," said the prosecutor in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!