‘India, Pak should resolve disputes through talks’
Beijing: Amid tensions between India and Pakistan over the recent cross-border firings, China on Friday said as a friend of the two countries it would like them to resolve their disputes "calmly" through dialogue.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei skirted a direct response to a question about Pakistan`s call for a UN probe into the recent killing of two Indian soldiers on the LoC and merely said that Beijing would like both countries to resolve their disputes.
"Both India and Pakistan are important countries in South Asia. The relations between them are important to peace, stability and prosperity of South Asia," Hong told a media briefing here.
"As a neighbour and friend of both India and Pakistan we sincerely hope that the two countries can properly (and) calmly resolve their disputes through dialogue and consultation so as to maintain peace and stability of South Asia," he said.
About the spate of yesterday`s bomb attacks in Pakistan, Hong said China is concerned over it and firmly supported Pakistan government and people`s unswerving attempts for maintaining national stability.
"China opposes all forms of terrorism and condemns strongly the attacks in Pakistan. We express deep condolences to the victims and sincere sympathy to the injured and bereaved families," he said.
"China firmly supports Pakistan government and people`s unswerving attempts for maintaining national stability," he said.
Reports from Pakistan said 122 people were killed in the bomb attacks in the country yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla