‘India, Pak should resolve disputes through talks’
Beijing: Amid tensions between India and Pakistan over the recent cross-border firings, China on Friday said as a friend of the two countries it would like them to resolve their disputes "calmly" through dialogue.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei skirted a direct response to a question about Pakistan`s call for a UN probe into the recent killing of two Indian soldiers on the LoC and merely said that Beijing would like both countries to resolve their disputes.
"Both India and Pakistan are important countries in South Asia. The relations between them are important to peace, stability and prosperity of South Asia," Hong told a media briefing here.
"As a neighbour and friend of both India and Pakistan we sincerely hope that the two countries can properly (and) calmly resolve their disputes through dialogue and consultation so as to maintain peace and stability of South Asia," he said.
About the spate of yesterday`s bomb attacks in Pakistan, Hong said China is concerned over it and firmly supported Pakistan government and people`s unswerving attempts for maintaining national stability.
"China opposes all forms of terrorism and condemns strongly the attacks in Pakistan. We express deep condolences to the victims and sincere sympathy to the injured and bereaved families," he said.
"China firmly supports Pakistan government and people`s unswerving attempts for maintaining national stability," he said.
Reports from Pakistan said 122 people were killed in the bomb attacks in the country yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’