Indian student in Saudi Arabia commits suicide
Dubai: An 18-year-old Indian youth in Saudi Arabia has committed suicide after failing in his class 12 exams held by India`s Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), results of which were declared on Monday.
Mir Ameer Ansari, otherwise described as an intelligent student, just couldn`t come to terms with the fact that he failed in mathematics and took his own life in the city of Dammam in Saudi Arabia`s Eastern Province, the Arab News reported on Wednesday.
The cause of death was not given but the report said police were investigating the circumstances leading to the teenager killing himself.
Ansari`s body has been kept in Dammam Central Hospital. The incident has sent shock waves across the expatriate Indian community in the Eastern Province as Ansari had scored well in all other subjects, including 73 out of 100 in English.
"He just couldn’t come to terms with the fact that he could only score 17 out of 100 in mathematics,” an Indian community leader was quoted as saying.
“Our prayers are with the family in these difficult hours.” Ansari`s parents, who hail from Hyderabad in India, are distraught.
Shocked teachers there have called for counselling sessions for exam-stressed students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie