Iran conducts military exercise near Iraq border
Tehran: Iran`s official news agency says
the country`s army has finished a large military exercise near
It was the first public word on the maneuvers. Iran
announced in two months ago that it would hold war games in
December but there had been no announcement that they had
Usually, Iran`s state media give extensive coverage of
military exercises to show off weapons systems, and it was not
clear why it did not do so for the latest maneuvers.
Word of the latest exercises came indirectly, when the
state news agency IRNA today reported that two military
officers were killed in a car accident as they came home after
the end of "large" exercises by ground forces. The report gave
no details on the maneuvers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion