Iran expands nuke technology: Diplomats
Vienna: Diplomats say Iran is moving ahead to update a program the West fears could be used to make nuclear weapons, in a blow to years of high-level diplomacy aimed at stopping it from doing so.
Three diplomats say Tehran now has installed about 700 high-tech centrifuges in an upgrade of its uranium enrichment program since the start of the year. That represents an increase of about 100 since mid-April.
Tehran says it is enriching uranium only for peaceful uses. But the US and its allies fear Tehran may enrich to levels used for nuclear bombs.
The International Atomic Energy Agency is expected to report on the development today. The diplomats, all from IAEA member nations, demanded anonymity because they are not authorised to divulge confidential IAEA information.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis