Iran expands nuke technology: Diplomats
Vienna: Diplomats say Iran is moving ahead to update a program the West fears could be used to make nuclear weapons, in a blow to years of high-level diplomacy aimed at stopping it from doing so.
Three diplomats say Tehran now has installed about 700 high-tech centrifuges in an upgrade of its uranium enrichment program since the start of the year. That represents an increase of about 100 since mid-April.
Tehran says it is enriching uranium only for peaceful uses. But the US and its allies fear Tehran may enrich to levels used for nuclear bombs.
The International Atomic Energy Agency is expected to report on the development today. The diplomats, all from IAEA member nations, demanded anonymity because they are not authorised to divulge confidential IAEA information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley