Iran summons Saudi envoy over spy ring claim
Tehran: Iran has summoned a Saudi envoy to protest the kingdom`s allegation that members of a spy ring arrested in the Arab country last week worked for Iranian intelligence.
The semi-official Mehr news agency said in a report late yesterday that Iran`s Foreign Ministry "strongly rejected" the claim during a meeting with the Saudi charge d`affaires in Tehran. The report says Iran is seeking an explanation from the kingdom.
Saudi Arabia has said that material evidence and detainee confessions prove the members of the arrested group had received money from Iran for information on vital locations in the kingdom. Iran has denied such payments.
The mainly Sunni kingdom and the predominantly Shi`ite Iran are regional rivals. They have a hostile relationship and frequently trade accusations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...