Iran to build power plant on border with Armenia
Yerevan: Armenia says that Iran will spend USD 320 million on building a power plant on a river marking their border.
The Armenian President attended a groundbreaking ceremony today for the Meghri hydroelectric plant on the Aras river. The construction is expected to take five years, the Armenian Energy Ministry said.
Iran will get all the electricity produced by the 130-megawatt plant during the first 15 years of its operation, after which it will be handed over to Armenia.
Overwhelmingly Christian, Armenia has developed ties with the Islamic state amid economic challenges caused by the closing of the landlocked country`s borders with Turkey and Azerbaijan in the wake of the conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh, which has been under the control of Armenian troops and local ethnic Armenian forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details