Iran to propose new nuclear talks: Report
Tehran: Iran`s ambassador to Germany says his
country will propose a new round of talks with the six world
powers, following the latest sanctions imposed by the West
over Tehran`s controversial nuclear programme.
Ambassador Ali Reza Sheikh Attar says Iran`s top nuclear
negotiator, Saeed Jalili, is to send a letter soon to EU`s
foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton to arrange a new round
Attar didn`t say when the letter would be sent. His
comments were reported by the semi-official news agency
The last round of negotiations between Iran and the six
powers -- the US, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany
-- in January in Istanbul, Turkey, ended in failure.
The West fears Iran`s nuclear programme is geared toward
making atomic weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert