Iran to propose new nuclear talks: Report
Tehran: Iran`s ambassador to Germany says his
country will propose a new round of talks with the six world
powers, following the latest sanctions imposed by the West
over Tehran`s controversial nuclear programme.
Ambassador Ali Reza Sheikh Attar says Iran`s top nuclear
negotiator, Saeed Jalili, is to send a letter soon to EU`s
foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton to arrange a new round
Attar didn`t say when the letter would be sent. His
comments were reported by the semi-official news agency
The last round of negotiations between Iran and the six
powers -- the US, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany
-- in January in Istanbul, Turkey, ended in failure.
The West fears Iran`s nuclear programme is geared toward
making atomic weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez