Iran unveils 4 new satellites
Tehran: Iran says it has built four new domestically produced satellites as part of a space program that`s worrying other nations.
State TV showed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiling the satellites Fajr, Rasad, Zafar and Amir Kabir-1 today at a ceremony in Tehran.
State TV described them as research satellites but did not provide details. Iran says it has launched at least two satellites and has none in orbit now.
Many nations in the West and Middle East fear Iran`s space program could also bolster its ballistic missile program and ability to conduct space-based surveillance.
The US and other countries have cited fears that Iran`s nuclear program
and missile program could allow it to target Europe and Israel
with atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!