Iran unveils 4 new satellites
Tehran: Iran says it has built four new domestically produced satellites as part of a space program that`s worrying other nations.
State TV showed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiling the satellites Fajr, Rasad, Zafar and Amir Kabir-1 today at a ceremony in Tehran.
State TV described them as research satellites but did not provide details. Iran says it has launched at least two satellites and has none in orbit now.
Many nations in the West and Middle East fear Iran`s space program could also bolster its ballistic missile program and ability to conduct space-based surveillance.
The US and other countries have cited fears that Iran`s nuclear program
and missile program could allow it to target Europe and Israel
with atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands