Iran unveils 4 new satellites
Tehran: Iran says it has built four new domestically produced satellites as part of a space program that`s worrying other nations.
State TV showed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiling the satellites Fajr, Rasad, Zafar and Amir Kabir-1 today at a ceremony in Tehran.
State TV described them as research satellites but did not provide details. Iran says it has launched at least two satellites and has none in orbit now.
Many nations in the West and Middle East fear Iran`s space program could also bolster its ballistic missile program and ability to conduct space-based surveillance.
The US and other countries have cited fears that Iran`s nuclear program
and missile program could allow it to target Europe and Israel
with atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical