Iran unveils 4 new satellites
Tehran: Iran says it has built four new domestically produced satellites as part of a space program that`s worrying other nations.
State TV showed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiling the satellites Fajr, Rasad, Zafar and Amir Kabir-1 today at a ceremony in Tehran.
State TV described them as research satellites but did not provide details. Iran says it has launched at least two satellites and has none in orbit now.
Many nations in the West and Middle East fear Iran`s space program could also bolster its ballistic missile program and ability to conduct space-based surveillance.
The US and other countries have cited fears that Iran`s nuclear program
and missile program could allow it to target Europe and Israel
with atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble