Iran unveils 4 new satellites
Tehran: Iran says it has built four new domestically produced satellites as part of a space program that`s worrying other nations.
State TV showed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiling the satellites Fajr, Rasad, Zafar and Amir Kabir-1 today at a ceremony in Tehran.
State TV described them as research satellites but did not provide details. Iran says it has launched at least two satellites and has none in orbit now.
Many nations in the West and Middle East fear Iran`s space program could also bolster its ballistic missile program and ability to conduct space-based surveillance.
The US and other countries have cited fears that Iran`s nuclear program
and missile program could allow it to target Europe and Israel
with atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube