Islamic militants kill 13 in northeast Nigeria
Maiduguri (Nigeria): A Nigerian legislator and a survivor say suspected Islamic militants have killed 13 people in an attack on a northeast village near where a massacre occurred at a mosque.
Security forces repelled gunmen who attacked the police station and a military post in Damboa, 85 kilometers from Borno state capital Maiduguri, Legislator Ayamu Lawan Gwasha said on Friday.
Farmer Mustapha Aji said other militants gunned down villagers and firebombed about 20 homes. He said villagers had feared an attack since extremists gunned down 47 worshippers at a mosque in Konduga village Sunday. They had asked for more security, but it hadn`t yet arrived.
Northeast Nigeria confronts an uprising by Islamic extremists who want an Islamic state in the secular country divided about equally between Christians and Muslims
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan