Islamist magazine wants ``mass murderer`` Obama ``dead only``
Washington: A new English-language magazine, published online apparently by Islamist militants, has represented US President Barack Obama with a bull`s-eye on his head.
According to ABC News, the full-page poster that depicts a darkened image of Obama as a target reads: "Wanted Dead Only. Barack Obama Mass Murderer. Reward: in the Hereafter".
The 80-page magazine also calls upon Muslims all over the world to hack and manipulate US drones.
According to Richard Clarke, former counter-terrorism advisor to the White House and current ABC News consultant, taking over the controls of a drone is beyond the capabilities of members of such militant organisations.
For that to happen they need to hack into the private encrypted network of the Pentagon or physically overpower the links between the drone and GPS with airplanes, which these organisation do not have, he said.
The new colour magazine is entitled "Azan - A Call to Jihad" and was discovered online on May 05, though the issue itself is dated March 2013. Azan, call to prayer in Arabic, holds a striking resemblance to Inspire, the English-language magazine published by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), though no militant organisation has claimed responsibility for the publication yet.
Nevertheless, the magazine`s header reads "Taliban in Kuhrasan", indicating that it might be published by Islamists in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Kuharasan is an ancient term for the region spanning Afghanistan, Northwest Pakistan, parts of Iran, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
A US intelligence official said that the intelligence community was aware of the publication and that analysts are currently evaluating Azan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown