Israel wants Iran to halt uranium enrichment
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that his country would not accept anything less than the total halt of Iranian uranium enrichment.
"We cannot accept anything less than a total cessation of all enrichment of nuclear materials at all levels, removal of all enriched nuclear material and a closure of Iran`s illicit nuclear facilities," reported Xinhua citing Netanyahu during a meeting with Canadian foreign minister John Baird.
"Until Iran meets these demands, pressure must be stepped up and Iranian nuclear programme must be stopped," Netanyahu said.
Netanyahu warned that the new Iranian President Hasan Rowhani, is just trying to buy more time through diplomacy. "He (Rowhani) said that by calming the international community Iran is able to steadily move forward in its nuclear weapons programme," Netanyahu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP