Israel wants Iran to halt uranium enrichment
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that his country would not accept anything less than the total halt of Iranian uranium enrichment.
"We cannot accept anything less than a total cessation of all enrichment of nuclear materials at all levels, removal of all enriched nuclear material and a closure of Iran`s illicit nuclear facilities," reported Xinhua citing Netanyahu during a meeting with Canadian foreign minister John Baird.
"Until Iran meets these demands, pressure must be stepped up and Iranian nuclear programme must be stopped," Netanyahu said.
Netanyahu warned that the new Iranian President Hasan Rowhani, is just trying to buy more time through diplomacy. "He (Rowhani) said that by calming the international community Iran is able to steadily move forward in its nuclear weapons programme," Netanyahu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'