Israeli aircraft hit disused Gaza airport, 11 injured: Medics
Jerusalem: Israeli aircraft hit a disused airport in southern Gaza, injuring 11 people, two of them seriously, Palestinian medical officials and witnesses said.
Four missiles hit the site last night, the witnesses said.
The injured were all in the vicinity of the airport, near the town of Rafah.
The facility itself has long been closed.
An Israeli military statement described the target as "a terror site" and said pilots confirmed that it was hit. It was the second night of Israeli raids since a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip killed a worker on an Israeli farm on Thursday.
Another rocket was fired into Israel earlier on Friday.
The cross-border exchanges came as UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon was headed for a weekend visit to Gaza, the West Bank and Israel and as the United States sought to get Palestinians and Israelis talking peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video