Israeli warplanes hit Hamas targets in Gaza
Gaza: Israeli warplanes carried out four successive air strikes on different targets belonging to Islamic Hamas movement`s armed wing early Thursday, witnesses and medics said.
They said that Israeli F16 jets fired two rockets at a target in the area of the inoperative Gaza airport east of the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah, causing severe damage, but no injuries.
The witnesses also said that three other successive air strikes struck targets that belong to Hamas` armed-wing, al-Qassam Brigades, including underground tunnels used by Hamas militants.
Residents said they heard several explosions in several areas of the salient, where F16s hovered over the territory. Damages were caused to the targets, but no injuries were reported.
The strikes on Hamas targets were an Israeli military retaliation to an earlier homemade rocket fired by Gaza militants that hit a factory in southern Israel.
No one claimed responsibility for the rocket attack, where Israeli radio reported that severe damages were caused to the factory, but no injuries reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security