Israeli warplanes hit Hamas targets in Gaza
Gaza: Israeli warplanes carried out four successive air strikes on different targets belonging to Islamic Hamas movement`s armed wing early Thursday, witnesses and medics said.
They said that Israeli F16 jets fired two rockets at a target in the area of the inoperative Gaza airport east of the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah, causing severe damage, but no injuries.
The witnesses also said that three other successive air strikes struck targets that belong to Hamas` armed-wing, al-Qassam Brigades, including underground tunnels used by Hamas militants.
Residents said they heard several explosions in several areas of the salient, where F16s hovered over the territory. Damages were caused to the targets, but no injuries were reported.
The strikes on Hamas targets were an Israeli military retaliation to an earlier homemade rocket fired by Gaza militants that hit a factory in southern Israel.
No one claimed responsibility for the rocket attack, where Israeli radio reported that severe damages were caused to the factory, but no injuries reported.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm