Italian police bust online child-pornography ring
Rome: At least 10 people were arrested in Italy as police carried out a nationwide raid on a child-pornography ring Monday, having discovered over five million such images.
Dozens of people were searched, with charges of disseminating explicit photographs and videos through an online paedophile network, Xinhua reported citing local media.
The material, defined by police as one of the most conspicuous ever discovered, was found out following the report of a private user who informed investigators of the existence of the phenomenon.
Some of the images featured "very bitter" acts of sexual violence and tortures committed on newborn babies, said police.
Investigators reportedly suspect some of the victims may have died, according to the Italian ANSA news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'