Italy to accept only pretty Albanian immigrants: Berlusconi
London: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has said that Italy would only welcome Albanian immigrants if they were pretty girls.
Berlusconi, 73, made the remark during a meeting with Albanian counterpart Sali Berisha at a summit, leaving his guest visibly uncomfortable by the quip.
“We will only accept pretty girls from Albania,” the Scotsman quoted Berlusconi as telling Berisha at a press conference in Rome.
The two had just held talks on the number of Albanians allowed into Italy, and opposition MPs immediately condemned his comments.
“Once again Berlusconi just doesn’t give up on his barracks humour,” Paola Pellegrini stated.
“Even in the face of tragedy such as immigration by desperate people, from in this case Albania, the Prime Minister repeats his obsession with woman reduced to fresh meat to be consumed.”
“He is an indecorous old man who pretends to lead a country which has been subjected to the propaganda of his television and newspapers,” Pellegrini added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!