‘Jews screamed like geese when they were shot during WWII’
London: A suspected Nazi war criminal has described how Jews ‘screamed like geese’ when they were shot during World War II.
In a documentary to be shown for the first time, Jonas Pukas, a 78-year-old Lithuanian immigrant, will reveal that even laughed as he said Holocaust victims flying in the air after being shot. He gave the police a taped interview at his home in New Zealand in 1992, and now, the audio is a part of the film titled “Nazi Hunter”.
In a transcript of the interview, Pukas said of Jews who were shot: “They shout like geese you know. Making the sound of birds, wailing or crying”, he said, adding with a laugh, that “the Jews ‘fly in air’”. “Some of the Jews used to scream like that, like the geese,” the Daily Mail quoted Pukas, as saying.
Despite his graphic description, Pukas denied taking part in the executions, the report added. “I only heard the people dying. I did not see it,” he said. The interview was conducted by then Detective Wayne Stringer, who was investigating a list of 47 possible war criminals that the New Zealand Government had received from the Nazi-hunting Simon Wiesenthal Centre.
Pukas died in 1994 at the age of 80. Stringer said that at least ‘a handful’ of Nazi war criminals could have lived in New Zealand without facing justice for the atrocities they had been involved in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested