JFK`s bomber jacket fetches $570K at auction
New York: President John F Kennedy`s Air Force One bomber jacket was sold for 570,000 dollars at an auction on Sunday.
Dan Meader, auction appraiser at John McInnis Auctioneers, told the New York Daily News that the jacket was among thousands of items, including letters, photographs and books, that had been tucked away in drawers and file cabinets at his longtime aide David Powers ` home.
Kennedy`s possession`s were discovered by Powers` relatives while they prepared his Arlington, Massachusetts, home for sale, Meader said.
The auction included personal effects that reflected Powers` shared history with Kennedy and his family. Among them are dozens of letters from former First Lady Jackie Kennedy and books inscribed by the president.
Also among the items to be auctioned was a schedule kept by Powers that documented in minute detail his last two days with Kennedy in San Antonio and Dallas, Texas, before the November 22, 1963, assassination.
A pen that Kennedy used to sign an interdiction order during the Cuban missile crisis was also up for auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre