Journalist shot dead in Somalia - sixth this year
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen on Thursday shot dead a reporter working with a radio station here in the Somali capital, the sixth journalist to be killed in the country this year, a news agency reported.
Ahmed Adow Anshur was a senior producer and presenter at the Shabelle radio station.
He was gunned down by four men armed with pistols near the journalist`s home in Dherkenlay district in southwest Mogadishu, Shabelle said in a statement.
It was not clear who carried out the attack and what was the motive. The men fled the scene after the attack.
The station has lost three directors, including one early this year. Another reporter escaped an assassination bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16