Journalist shot dead in Somalia - sixth this year
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen on Thursday shot dead a reporter working with a radio station here in the Somali capital, the sixth journalist to be killed in the country this year, a news agency reported.
Ahmed Adow Anshur was a senior producer and presenter at the Shabelle radio station.
He was gunned down by four men armed with pistols near the journalist`s home in Dherkenlay district in southwest Mogadishu, Shabelle said in a statement.
It was not clear who carried out the attack and what was the motive. The men fled the scene after the attack.
The station has lost three directors, including one early this year. Another reporter escaped an assassination bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman