Journalist shot dead in Somalia - sixth this year
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen on Thursday shot dead a reporter working with a radio station here in the Somali capital, the sixth journalist to be killed in the country this year, a news agency reported.
Ahmed Adow Anshur was a senior producer and presenter at the Shabelle radio station.
He was gunned down by four men armed with pistols near the journalist`s home in Dherkenlay district in southwest Mogadishu, Shabelle said in a statement.
It was not clear who carried out the attack and what was the motive. The men fled the scene after the attack.
The station has lost three directors, including one early this year. Another reporter escaped an assassination bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?