Journalist shot dead in Somalia - sixth this year
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen on Thursday shot dead a reporter working with a radio station here in the Somali capital, the sixth journalist to be killed in the country this year, a news agency reported.
Ahmed Adow Anshur was a senior producer and presenter at the Shabelle radio station.
He was gunned down by four men armed with pistols near the journalist`s home in Dherkenlay district in southwest Mogadishu, Shabelle said in a statement.
It was not clear who carried out the attack and what was the motive. The men fled the scene after the attack.
The station has lost three directors, including one early this year. Another reporter escaped an assassination bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre