Journalist shot dead in Somalia - sixth this year
Mogadishu: Unidentified gunmen on Thursday shot dead a reporter working with a radio station here in the Somali capital, the sixth journalist to be killed in the country this year, a news agency reported.
Ahmed Adow Anshur was a senior producer and presenter at the Shabelle radio station.
He was gunned down by four men armed with pistols near the journalist`s home in Dherkenlay district in southwest Mogadishu, Shabelle said in a statement.
It was not clear who carried out the attack and what was the motive. The men fled the scene after the attack.
The station has lost three directors, including one early this year. Another reporter escaped an assassination bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand