Kremlin hails Senate`s approval of nuclear treaty
Moscow: President Dmitry Medvedev has welcomed the US Senate`s decision to ratify a landmark US-Russian nuclear arms control treaty and voiced hope that Russian legislators will follow suit.
Medvedev`s spokeswoman Natalya Timakova said that when Medvedev signed the New START treaty with President Barack Obama, they agreed that the ratification process should be conducted simultaneously.
Legislators in the Kremlin-controlled parliament had said before the Senate ratified the pact on Wednesday that they would approve the treaty quickly after it`s ratified in the US.
However, Timakova said on Thursday the Russian Parliament would need to study the Senate`s ratification resolution before voting. The Russian Parliament is scheduled to have its next session on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE