Kremlin hails Senate`s approval of nuclear treaty
Moscow: President Dmitry Medvedev has welcomed the US Senate`s decision to ratify a landmark US-Russian nuclear arms control treaty and voiced hope that Russian legislators will follow suit.
Medvedev`s spokeswoman Natalya Timakova said that when Medvedev signed the New START treaty with President Barack Obama, they agreed that the ratification process should be conducted simultaneously.
Legislators in the Kremlin-controlled parliament had said before the Senate ratified the pact on Wednesday that they would approve the treaty quickly after it`s ratified in the US.
However, Timakova said on Thursday the Russian Parliament would need to study the Senate`s ratification resolution before voting. The Russian Parliament is scheduled to have its next session on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected
- Wow! UP govt to set up theme park on K Asif's magnum opus ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ in Etawah
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain