Los Angeles bar removes pictures of Sikh Gurus
Washington: A pub in Los Angeles`s Hollywood district, which had outraged Sikhs by displaying portraits of their Gurus in its bar area, has removed the pictures.
The Sikh community has welcomed the decision of the Pikey Bar and Restaurant in Los Angeles to remove the portraits of the Sikh Guru.
"UNITED SIKHS is humbled to successfully address another issue which had deeply hurt the sentiments of the Sikhs. In future, we hope business establishments will be more considerate of, and sensitive towards religious sentiments of every community," said Manmeet Singh of United Singh, a Sikh advocacy group.
The Sikh advocacy group had launched an online petition on behalf of the Sikh community, which requested the Pikey Bar and Restaurant management to respect the religious sentiments of the Sikhs by removing the portraits of the revered Sikh Gurus from the Bar.
The North American Punjabi Association (NAPA) too welcomed the removal of the portraits of Sikh Gurus from Bar.
In a statement, Satnam Singh Chahal, NAPA executive director, appreciate the bar owners to take a decision in this regard respecting the sentiments of the Sikh community.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?