Magnitude 4.5 earthquake shakes Costa Rica
New York: The US Geological Survey is reporting that a magnitude 4.5 earthquake rattled Costa Rica early Wednesday. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
The USGS said the quake, which struck at 12:54 a.M. Local time, had an epicenter about three kilometers south-southwest of Naranjo, which is about 35 kilometers west of the capital San Jose. Its depth was 10.1 kilometers.
A smaller earthquake shook Puerto Rico last evening.
The USGS says the magnitude 2.6 quake, which occurred at about 6:30 p.m. At a depth of nine kilometers, had an epicenter five kilometers east-southeast of Mayaguez, or about 106 kilometers west of San Juan. No injuries or damage were immediately reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional