Magnitude 4.5 earthquake shakes Costa Rica
New York: The US Geological Survey is reporting that a magnitude 4.5 earthquake rattled Costa Rica early Wednesday. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
The USGS said the quake, which struck at 12:54 a.M. Local time, had an epicenter about three kilometers south-southwest of Naranjo, which is about 35 kilometers west of the capital San Jose. Its depth was 10.1 kilometers.
A smaller earthquake shook Puerto Rico last evening.
The USGS says the magnitude 2.6 quake, which occurred at about 6:30 p.m. At a depth of nine kilometers, had an epicenter five kilometers east-southeast of Mayaguez, or about 106 kilometers west of San Juan. No injuries or damage were immediately reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists