Magnitude-6.2 earthquake hits Argentina
Buenos Aires: A magnitude-6.2 earthquake hit
at a relatively shallow depth in northwestern Argentina Thursday,
emptying schools and houses as people sought safety outside.
In the provinces of Jujuy and Salta, people tweeted that
it was the strongest quake they`d felt in years, cracking
windows and toppling furniture. But there were no immediate
reports of serious damage or injury.
The quake struck at 8:12 am and was centered not far from
capitals of Jujuy and Salta, at an estimated depth of 9.5
kilometres. Some of the strongest shaking was felt in San
Pedro, a small town about 63 kilometres from the epicenter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy