Magnitude-6.2 earthquake hits Argentina
Buenos Aires: A magnitude-6.2 earthquake hit
at a relatively shallow depth in northwestern Argentina Thursday,
emptying schools and houses as people sought safety outside.
In the provinces of Jujuy and Salta, people tweeted that
it was the strongest quake they`d felt in years, cracking
windows and toppling furniture. But there were no immediate
reports of serious damage or injury.
The quake struck at 8:12 am and was centered not far from
capitals of Jujuy and Salta, at an estimated depth of 9.5
kilometres. Some of the strongest shaking was felt in San
Pedro, a small town about 63 kilometres from the epicenter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation