Man calls police to complain about `ugly prostitute`
Wellington: A man dialled 999 to complain to police that a prostitute was not as pretty as she claimed after they met in a car park in the dark.
The disgruntled caller, who has been warned for wasting police time, contacted emergency services saying that she had breached Britain’s Sale of Goods Act, Stuff.co.nz reported.
The police spokesman said that the man called them to tell that the woman concerned, allegedly took his car keys, ran away from the car and threw them back at him, prompting him to call police.
The source said that an officer in the Solihull contact centre advised the caller that no offences had been committed by the woman and that soliciting for sex was in fact illegal.
The spokesman said that despite the man refusing to give his details, police have been able to identify him and have sent him a letter warning him about his actions.
The source further added that wasting police time carries a maximum sentence of six months imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why