Man calls police to complain about `ugly prostitute`
Wellington: A man dialled 999 to complain to police that a prostitute was not as pretty as she claimed after they met in a car park in the dark.
The disgruntled caller, who has been warned for wasting police time, contacted emergency services saying that she had breached Britain’s Sale of Goods Act, Stuff.co.nz reported.
The police spokesman said that the man called them to tell that the woman concerned, allegedly took his car keys, ran away from the car and threw them back at him, prompting him to call police.
The source said that an officer in the Solihull contact centre advised the caller that no offences had been committed by the woman and that soliciting for sex was in fact illegal.
The spokesman said that despite the man refusing to give his details, police have been able to identify him and have sent him a letter warning him about his actions.
The source further added that wasting police time carries a maximum sentence of six months imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site