Mexican Army finds new drug tunnel at US border
Tijuana (Mexico): A Mexican official says soldiers have found a new tunnel that was being dug under the border with the United States.
An official with the federal Attorney General`s office said yesterday that soldiers detained 17 men working on the unfinished tunnel in the border city of Tijuana. It was planned to cross under the border near the Otay Mesa port of entry.
The official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to discuss the case says soldiers also found 10 bales of marijuana. He says the weight of the drug haul was unknown.
The tunnel was about 10 meters deep and 300 meters long.
US and Mexican authorities have discovered a series of similar border tunnels in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'