Mexican Army finds new drug tunnel at US border
Tijuana (Mexico): A Mexican official says soldiers have found a new tunnel that was being dug under the border with the United States.
An official with the federal Attorney General`s office said yesterday that soldiers detained 17 men working on the unfinished tunnel in the border city of Tijuana. It was planned to cross under the border near the Otay Mesa port of entry.
The official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to discuss the case says soldiers also found 10 bales of marijuana. He says the weight of the drug haul was unknown.
The tunnel was about 10 meters deep and 300 meters long.
US and Mexican authorities have discovered a series of similar border tunnels in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why