Mexican Army finds new drug tunnel at US border
Tijuana (Mexico): A Mexican official says soldiers have found a new tunnel that was being dug under the border with the United States.
An official with the federal Attorney General`s office said yesterday that soldiers detained 17 men working on the unfinished tunnel in the border city of Tijuana. It was planned to cross under the border near the Otay Mesa port of entry.
The official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to discuss the case says soldiers also found 10 bales of marijuana. He says the weight of the drug haul was unknown.
The tunnel was about 10 meters deep and 300 meters long.
US and Mexican authorities have discovered a series of similar border tunnels in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America